Chisou - meaning 'spirit of the feast' offers authentic Japanese traditional and contemporary dishes; and British visitors should be encouraged by the numbers of Japanese customers - all looking very contented.
This branch has a ground floor restaurant - plus a Sake Bar upstairs, which is an ideal meeting place for sake lovers.
The Sushi and Sashimi are excellent, and the fish used gleamingly fresh. Both are priced per piece.
Other offerings include 'Gyu Tataki' (seared beef fillet with garlic and ponza sauce); mixed tempura and Steamed Tofu wrapped in Bean Curd with Kin Prawns and Shitake Mushrooms'.
The evening brings yet more choice, as a list of chef's specials appears - this changes regularly but might include the likes of 'Deep-fried Soft-Shelled Crab'; 'Salted King Crab Legs' and 'Spicy Grilled Salmon Belly'.
The sweet-toothed can perhaps finish with 'Green Tea Mousse' or 'Japanese Chestnut Ice Cream'.
They have a restaurant branches in Mayfair.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00, Sat 12.30-15.00, Sun 13.00-21.30; set L from £16.50 (2 courses) to £23.50; mains about £10 to £48
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30-22.45, Sun 13.00-21.30; mains about £10 to £48
- Wine: a short list kicks off in the mid £20's - plus sake
- Nearest station: Knightsbridge Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: most Bank Holidays