A deservedly-popular Turkish café/restaurant offering an All Day Menu of both English & Turkish breakfasts - ranging from basic slices of toast to 'Sucuklu Yumurta' (fried or scrambled egg with Turkish sausage, chips, salad & Turkish bread) + other treats such as 'Eggs Benedict' and 'Spanish Omelette'.
After midday, this is joint by a more ambitious Restaurant Menu - listing the likes of 'Houmous'; 'Yaprak Sarma' (stuffed vine leaves with rice, onions, herbs & olive oil); 'Fried Squid' and 'Patlican-Biber Kizartma' (fried aubergines & peppers with tomato sauce & fresh yoghurt) amongst the starters.
Mains, largely coming from the Grill might include 'Seabream with Spinach, Boiled Potatoes & Salad'; 'Sirloin Steak' and plenty of Kebab-type dishes. There are also a few vegetarian dishes including a 'Moussaka/Musakka' (with spinach, aubergine, potato, green pepper, courgette & cheese).
Good Turkish coffee.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: all day 7.00-22.00; mains between about £6 & £8; set meals from £6
- Dinner: all day 7.00-22.00; mains between about £6 & £8; set meals from £6
- Wine: house wine from around £11; plus beers & freshly-squeezed juices
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Rectory Road Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page