A popular burger bar, belonging to an expanding chain.
Don't expect trims, you'll be seated in a fixed booth, with red leather banquette seating and laminate table; while their own radio station playing classics from the past adds to the jolly ambiance.
On the food front, their selection of burgers are the main event - mostly made from Scottish chuck beef - varieties ranging from plain 'Original' through 'Mexican' (hot beef chili & jalapenos) and 'Fish Sandwich' (hake with spinach & garlic mayo) to their flagship 'The Diablo' (8oz USA patty made with chuck, sirloin, fillet & rib with bacon US cheese in a brioche bun).
These are backed up by the likes of 'Macaroni Cheese'; 'Corned/Meatloaf Beef Hash' and a selection of Fajita's & Salad's - plus popular All Day Breakfast items.
Service is generally cheerful & efficient - but there have been reports of understaffing (hence stressed staff) - and unhappy customers.
- Food Style: Burgers - Top Quality
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri-Sun 9.00-24.00; mains about £6 to £12
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri-Sun 9.00-24.00; mains about £6 to £12
- Wine: a short list, kicking off at around the £15 mark, is backed up by a good selection of beers and shakes
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Angel Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned