An excellent café/brasserie-style operaration, offering carefully-sourced food - put together in modern everyday dishes - and offering good value for money.
The whole is to be found in a converted industrial building, and much of this feel has been retained. So expect formica-style tables, exposed ducting and bare brick walls. You can just pop in for a cup of their top-class coffee or eat as lightly or seriously as you wish.
On the food front, only a handful of dishes are offered at each stage - perhaps Butternut Squash & Chick Pea Broth or Scambled Egg or Slice of Cake for something lighter.
While more substantial dishes might include a Bruschetta, a Risotto, a daily fish (such as sea bass) and a meat dish (maybe lamb chops/kofta or steak).
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.00-23.00; mid-week L special £8 (1 course); mains about £12 to £19
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 11.00-23.00; mains about £12 to £19
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups, plus good beers & cocktails
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Hackney Wick Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page