A smart restaurant offering a brasserie-style menu, based on a mixture of British and Continental dishes.
Starters such as 'Pan-Seared Scallops with Pea Purée & Crisp Bacon'; 'Potted Duck with Red Onion Confit' and 'Beetroot & Goats Cheese Salad with Crisp Shallots' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Cheeseburger (Gruyere) with Chips & Bacon Jam'; 'Beer Battered Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas'; 'Beef & Ale Pie' and 'Curried Chickpeas, Squash, Spinach & Egg' and 'Toulouse Sausage with Puy Lentil Salsa' listed amongst the mains.
Sides, such as 'Dauphinoise Potatoes' and 'Spiced Red Cabbage' add to the interest; while those with a sweet tooth might be tempted by 'Chocolate Brownie & Hazelnut Ice Cream'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding & Ice Cream' or 'Lemon Drizzle Cake & Strawberry Ice Cream'.
Their weekend Brunch is very popular, offering the likes of 'Granola with Greek Yoghurt & Blueberry Compote'; 'London Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs on Toast' and 'Full English'.
Friendly helpful service.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.30-15.00, Sat 10.00-15.00, Sun 10.00-16.00; mains about £10 to £17
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00, Sun 17.30-20.00; mains about £10 to £17
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, having modest mark-ups, and has a good selection by the glass
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Walthamstow Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D Sun and some Bank Holidays