Previously called Galvin Café à Vin, this is part of the Galvin brothers excellent little 'chain' of top-class eateries – this one acts as the junior partner to the next door Galvin La Chapelle, but although offering less ambitious dishes, it is still top-class in its own right. They label it as a ‘Pub Deluxe’.
An up-market pub-style menu is the name of the game. Starters such as 'Jerusalem Artichoke Soup'; 'Steak Tartare with Toasted Sourdough'; 'Galvin-Cure Smoked Salmon’' and 'Dorset Crab on Toast' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Spiced Yoghurt Marinated Spring Chicken'; 'Cumbrian Beef Burger'; 'Denham Estate Lamb Leg Steak' and 'Roasted Vegetables with Blue Cheese & Hazelnut Dressing' amongst the mains.
Perhaps finish with ‘Sticky Toffee Pudding’; ‘Egg Custard Tart’; ‘Treacle Tart with Clotted Cream’ & the like.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.30-22.30, Sun 11.30-21.30; mains about £15 to £27 – plus Bar Snacks; Sun L mains £16.50
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.30 (Sun 18.00-21.30); mains about £15 to £27
- Seats: 45, plus 60 outside
- Wine: an excellent list kicks off in the low £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Liverpool Street Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan
- Outside eating