An upmarket steakhouse, carefully sourcing their beef from traditional British breeds - much of it from top-quality producers.
To get your tastebuds going, there are various starters ranging from 'Grilled Bone Marrow with Slow-Cooked Shallots on Toast' for the steak minded - through ''Half a Dozen Oysters' or Half a Lobster with Garlic & Hazelnut Butter' to 'Salt-Baked Beetroot with Childwickbury Goats Cheese' or 'Pickled Girolles with Lentils & Watercress Salad'.
As well as a splendid selection of steak cuts - mains also list items such as 'Grilled Fish' (changing with the markets); 'Grilled Free-Range Chicken'; 'Grilled Bacon Chop with Two Fried Eggs' and 'Pearl Barley with Autumn Vegetables & Childwickbury'. Lunchtime brings the addition of a Burger with Triple-Cooked Chips & Salad.
They also have a popular Bar area - their cocktails having a considerable reputation.
- Food Style: Steaks
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30 (Sun 16.30); mains about £13 to £55; Express Menu Mon-Sat until 18.00 £25 (2 courses), £28 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 17.00-22.30, Sat 18.00-22.30; mains about £13 to £55; Express Menu 12.00-18.00, then from 22.00 onwards Mon-Sat 17.00-18.00 £25 (2 courses), £28 (3 courses)
- Seats: 110
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off in the mid £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Liverpool Rail or Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D Sun, 24th to 27th Dec.
- Air conditioned