Find this good café and restaurant in the crypt under St Paul's Cathedral.
The former offers cakes, sandwiches and main course meals - all made with carefully sourced British ingredients.
The latter carefully-cooked dishes of a rustic style. Expect the likes of 'Warm Salad of Chicken Livers with Pear Chutney'; 'Duck Scotch Egg with Baby Gem & Mustard Dressing' and 'Treacle-Cured Shetland Salmon with Warm Soda Bread' among starters or lighter dishes.
Perhaps 'Poached Smoked Haddock with Chive Mash, Spinach & Soft Poached Egg'; 'Char-Grilled Wood Pigeon with Creamed Cabbage & Bacon and Parsnip Crisps'; 'Char-Grilled Venison Burger with Fat Chips, Crispy Onions & Orange Relish' and 'Heritage Potato Gnocchi with Slow-Roast Heritage Tomatoes & British Mozzarella' listed amongst the mains.
Traditional puds might include 'Warm Treacle Tart & Cornish Clotted Cream'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce' and the like - while there are excellent cheeses from Neals Yard Dairy.
Their Afternoon Tea is extremely popular.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 11.30-16.30 (15.00 Sun); set L £21.95 (2 courses), £24.95 (3 courses)
- Seats: 48
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: When possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: St Paul's Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page