An excellent, fair weather, canal-side café, offering carefully-sourced and well-cooked main course dishes as well as lighter snacks.
You'll find dishes such as homemade Soups, Bruschetta's, adventurous Salads and Casserole-style dishes.
There are a few a seats inside, but don't bank on them being free.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: March to Nov - Tues-Sun 9.00 to dusk; mains about £5 to £10 (cash only)
- Wine: a few wines in the early £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Essex Road Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Outside eating