An excellent neighbourhood restaurant offering modern dishes in pleasant surrondings.
Starters such as 'Foie Gras & Chicken Liver Parfait with Red Onion, Clove & Cinnamon Marmalade, Cornichons & Toasted Brioche'; 'Yellow Fin Tuna Marinated in Soy, Ginger, Chili and Sesame Oil' and 'Grilled Manouri Cheese with Hazelnuts, Pomegranate & Mixed Leaves' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Sea Bass & Black Tiger Prawns with Chili & Roasted Garlic Pearl Barley, Parsley & Chestnut Velouté'; 'Devon Pork Chop with Olive Oil Mash & Thyme Jus'; 'Pithivier of Jerusalem Artichokes with a Leek & Potato Gratin, Truffle Velouté, Crushed Carrots & Swede' and 'Roasted Duck Breast with Spinach, Button Mushrooms, Alsace Bacon, Creamed Potatoes & Red Wine' amongst the mains.
Maybe finish with 'Tarte Tatin'; 'Chocolate Fondant with Salted Caramel & Vanilla Ice Cream' or their selection of Artisan Cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-15.30; set L £23 (2 courses), £28 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £50 (6 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 18.00-22.00, Fri & Sat 18.00-22.30; set D £33 (2 courses), £39 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £60 (6 courses)
- Seats: 85, plus about 30 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups for the quality on offer
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Turnham Green Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec.