An excellent bistro-style restaurant under the same ownership of Charlotte's Place in Ealing.
The dining room is on two levels, with a bar area initially rising to the main dining area - which has a glass roof.
The kitchen specialises in interesting flavour combinations - of the type you're unlikely to use naturally at home - and the general cooking standards are high.
A winter snapshot brought 'Warm Smoked Salmon with Broccoli, Almonds, Oyster Emulsion & Passion Fruit'; 'Venison Tartare with Anchovy Sabayon, Cudités & Pickles & Crisp Breads' and 'Pressed Pigs Head with Oloroso, Chorizo Picante, Puy Lentils & Jerusalem Artichokes' amongst the listed starters.
''Glazed Scotch Bavette with Ox Cheek Kromeski, Liquorice & Béarnaise Sauce'; 'Black Leg Chicken with Candied Fruit Stuffing, White Cabbage & Pancetta'; 'Crisp Skin Silver Mullet with Burnt Blood Orange, Orange Skin Spatzle & Samphire' and 'Spiced Sweet Potato with Red Lentil Dahl, Cornish Ewes Yoghurt & Cauliflower' to follow.
Puds with modern flavour combinations might include 'Cold Coconut & Tarragon Rice Pudding with Rhubarb, Lemongrass & Honeycomb' and 'Poached William Pear with Spiced Red Wine, Pear Sorbet, Bitter Chocolate & Marshmallow' while cheese lovers will enjoy their selection from La Fromagerie.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; set L £15.95 (2 courses) to £85.95; mains about £15 to £18
- Dinner: all week 17.30-22.00 (Sun 21.00); early D 17.30-19.00 £26; mains about £15 to £18
- Seats: 60
- Wine: their well-chosen list offers fair value, kicking off at about £18
- Wheelchair access: Phone for Advice
- Nearest station: Turnham Green Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page