An excellent little split-level bistro, offering bargain meals in this expensive part of London.
As long as you don't mind closely-packed tables or perhaps eating at a bar on a stool, you won't be disappointed if the cooking of South West France is your penchant.
Expect the likes of Snails in Garlic Butter, Beetroot with Rocamadour Cheese, Chili Squid and Charcuterie amongst the starters.
Perhaps Roast Cod with Chorizo; Monkfish 'Cassoulet'; Rack of Lamb; Steak & Chips; Savoy Cabbage Leave Stuffed with Veal, Ceps & Chestnuts or their signature dish - Poulet Farci au Foie Gras (only served between two) - listed in the mains.
Puds such as Dark Chocolate Cake; Crème Brulée and Bread & Butter are there to tempt you if you still have room.
Bustly, friendly service completes the picture.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; set L £15.50 (2 courses); mains £16 to £35
- Dinner: all week 18.30-22.30; mains £16 to £35; set D from £19.50 (2 courses)
- Seats: 65
- Wine: an ambitious & excellent value list, especially for the area, kicks off at about £20
- Wheelchair access: With difficulty - phone ahead
- Nearest station: Knightsbridge Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec, Bank Holidays