An excellent restaurant, although styling itself as a bistro, more upmarket in it's levels of comfort & style of service.
Nothing wrong with that in itself, and the menu is certainly bistro in style - but on a high level.
Starters such as 'Sea Bream Carpaccio with Marinated Courgette'; 'Cassis Salad - fennel, dried tomato, olive oil & basil dressing'; 'Guinea Fowl & Roasted Chestnut Soup' and 'Gratinated Mussels with Pastis Butter' set the style.
To be followed by the likes of 'Swiss Chard & Ricotta Tortellini'; 'John Dory with Braised Fennel & Gingerbread Spices'; 'Roast Landes Duck Breast, Chickpea Galette & Niçoise Olive Sauce'; 'Rabbit Fricassée à la Provençale & Rosemary Potatoes' and 'Grilled 28 day Matured Black Angus Rib-Eye Steak & Pepper Sauce' amongst the mains.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Lime & Rosemary Crème Brulée'; 'Orange & Chocolate Delice' or their good selection of French cheeses.
A few additional lighter dishes, such as 'Omelette Herbs de Provence' and 'Boudin Noir with Apple' are offered around lunchtime.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: all week 12.00-22.30; set L £17 (2 courses) to £20; mains about £15 to £30
- Dinner: all week 12.00-22.30; mains about £15 to £30; Tasting Menu £70
- Seats: 90, plus about 10 outside
- Wine: a French-based list kicks off at about £17, and holds some prestigious bottles
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: South Kensington Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: check Christmas openings