Don't be put off by the fact that this restaurant is in this smart hotel - as it has a separate entrance and is very family friendly.
It is a branch of an American-owned, but French-inspired, brasserie-style eaterie - and well worth seeking out if you're nearby.
Starters include the likes of 'Soupe à la Oignon'; 'Soupe de Poussin'; 'Escargots de Bourgogne'; 'Rock Oysters' 'Salade Frisée Lyonnaise' plus an excellent selection of Charcuterie items.
Mains perhaps 'Whole Lemon Sole on the Bone with Brown Butter, Lemon & Capers'; 'Tartare de Boeuf'; 'Grilled Chicken Breast with Oyster Mushrooms'; 'Roasted Lamb Rump with Braised Shoulder, Cavolo Nero, Jerusalem Artichoke & Couscous'; 'Beef Carbonnade' and good Burgers - including a favourite called 'Piggie'.
As well as French Cheeses, there are puds, such as 'Ile Flottante with Apple Sorbet'; 'Pineapple with Coconut Mousse & Pina Colada Sorbet' and 'Gateau Basque with Brandied Cherries & Vanilla Anglaise'.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; mains about £12 to £32; set L £24 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 17.30-23.00 (22.00); set D 17.00-19.00 £24 (3 courses); mains about £12 to £32
- Seats: 165
- Wine: a wide-ranging list kicks off at around £23 - but after this, pricing rather loses it's sense of humour.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Knightsbridge Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Air conditioned