« back to restaurants search results
Banana Tree Canteen Maida Vale166 Randolph Avenue, Maida Vale, London, London, W9 1PG
Part of a small chain describing its food as from IndoChina.
Although this must be taken rather tongue in cheek, as dishes wouldn't really be recognised in any particular country - the end result works well, and prices are very modest.
You'll find starters such as 'Thai Tamarind & Garlic Wings'; 'Thai Fish Cakes'; 'Malaysian Laksa Soup' and DIY 'Indo Pancake Wraps' - in Crispy Duck or Spiced Lamb varieties.
On the mains front dishes are divided between Wok Dishes (whose main ingredients flavour denotes the price), Regional Dishes, Curries & Stews and items from the Grill.
Popular choices being 'Chick & Prawn Kway Teow Mee'; 'Sweet & Sour Crisy Chicken'; 'Tamarind Spicy Aubergine Curry' and 'Char-Grilled Blackened Chili Beef'.
We recommend you add their 'Special Combo Supplement' to your chosen main, as it gives you a mixture of Sesame Glass Noodles, Sweet Corn Cakes, Spicy Crackers & Steamed Jasmine Rice for a modest surcharge.
Vegetarians have plenty of interesting choices.
- Food Style: Pan Asian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; Express L offered Mon-Thurs 12.00-19.00, Fri-Sun 12.00-18.00 £5.65 (1 course); mains about £8 to £12
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; Express D offered Mon-Thurs until 19.00, mains about £8 to £12
- Seats: 36
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at about £15, and is backed up by cocktails & beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Maida Vale Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Air conditioned