The style is traditional, rather than ground-breaking - but this can come as some relief, and at least bare resemblance to food that might be recognised in some areas of Italy. But hopefully, restaurants/trattoria's like this will remain long after those with passé fashions are long gone.
Starters such as 'Mixed Antipasto'; 'Deep-Fried Squid & King Prawns'; 'Char-Grilled Smoked Mozzarella with Wild Mushrooms & Parma Ham' and 'Peppered Tuna with Salad & Mustard Dressing' set the style. But there are also plenty of interesting pasta dishes that can also be taken in larger helpings.
Mains range from Pizzas in traditional varieties (no pineapple or other modern whims here) through 'Ossobuco with Milanese Risotto'; and 'Char-Grilled Sea Bass with Aromatic Olive Oil' to various steak and lamb grills and oven bakes.
Puds follow the same style - with 'Tiramisu'; 'Panna Cotta with Caramel Sauce' almost certainly there to tempt you.
Book or you might be disappointed.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.30-14.30, Sat 12.00-16.00, Sun 12.30-15.30; mains £10 to £19
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.30-23.00, Sat 18.30-23.00, Sun 18.30-22.00; mains £10 to £19
- Wine: an all-Italian list kicks off at about £18
- Nearest station: Ladbroke Grove Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page