This excellent Thai restaurant is part of an international chain, but doesn't seem to suffer from this. There are other branches in London at 9 Beauchamp Place SW3; 3 Maddox Street W1 and Greek Street W1 (all q.v's). While the food here, matches the standard of other branches, the close packing of tables makes private conversations impossible.
On the food front, expect all the Thai standards - such as Hot and Sour Tom Yum Soup, Noodle dishes plus green and red curries (perhaps made with wild boar); but ingredients seem to have a quality not always found when they might be masked by strong sauces. The use of Aberdeen Angus steak being a good example; while both Crispy Duck Leg Confit, in a Tamarind Sauce with Roasted Pineapple and Steamed Sea Bass have been highly-praised.
For those in a hurry, go for the page of Chef's specials - for others, the menu makes an interesting read, making choosing difficult.
There's also a separate menu for vegetarians.
Excellent and friendly service.
- Food Style: Thai
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; set L from £12.50 (2 courses); mains about £15 to £24
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.30-22.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; mains about £15 to £24
- Wine: a concise, but well-thought-out, list kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: South Kensington Underground (15 minutes)
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: 25th Dec, some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned