If you're looking for genuine Szechuan cooking in London, this restaurant - set over 3 floors - is probably as close as you'll get. But you'll have to have a palate capable of dealing with intense chili's - although these are balanced with a little sweetness.
You can begin with delicacies such as 'Steamed Aubergine with Pickled Chili Dressing'; 'Bang Bang Chicken Slivers'; 'Pork Rolls in a Garlicky Sauce' or perhaps 'Jellyfish Ribbons in Dark Chinese Vinegar'.
Move on to the likes of 'Steamed Cod with Ginger & Spring Onions'; 'Gong Bao Prawns with Cashew Nuts'; 'Assorted Meats in a Fiery Sauce' (including Tripe, Pig Intestines & Pig's Blood) and 'Fragrant Chicken in a Pile of Chillies'.
Dishes not to be missed include ‘Hot & Fragrant Whole Crab’; ‘Sichuanese Pickled Vegetables’ and one of the various Steamed Fish dishes.
Help is at hand on the ordering front.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: all week 12.00-23.00; mains about £13 to £43
- Dinner: all week 12.00-23.00; mains about £13 to £43
- Seats: 100
- Wine: wines start in the mid £20's but their Green Tea might be a more suitable accompaniment.
- Wheelchair access: Ground Floor Only
- Nearest station: Leicester Square Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page