Find this excellent brasserie, part of the Corbin & King empire - which includes 'The Wolseley' & 'The Delaunay' - just off Piccadilly Circus in what was a few years ago the popular Atlantic Bar & Grill.
It's theme is that of one of the great Parisian brasseries, both in feel and in the food offered.
So expect a mixture of à la carte dishes and excellent value Table D'Hote 'Prix Fixe' menus. The dishes on each partly intermingle - but all would be recognisable to someone dining in Paris forty odd years ago.
This is just our sort of place, with no pretentious props such as 'foamed' sauces (given in such small quantities as to be perhaps only pleasing to the eye), or over-decorated puds.
Whilst the menu is written in French, it's easily understood by anyone remotely interested in their stomach - and many dishes have translations.
Expect the likes of 'Salade de Tomate à L'Echalote'; 'Pate de Campagne'; 'Six Escargots au Beurre Persillé' and 'Soupe de Poisson et sa Rouille' amongst the starters.
Perhaps 'Filet de Daurade (sea bream) au Fenouil, Sauce Vierge'; 'Boeuf Bourguignon'; 'Steak Haché, Sauce au Poivre et Frites' and 'Androullette de Troyes Grillée, Sauce Moutarde' listed in the seasonally-changing mains section.
There are also regular dishes of the day - so Monday might bring 'Poulet Basquaise', Tuesday 'Poitrine de Porc Rôtie' etc - plus a section on 'Choucroutes'.
Good brasserie-style puds complete the picture. See their website to keep-up with seasonal changes.
Service, as with all Corbin & King's ventures, should be used as a model to anyone thinking of opening a restaurant.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: all week 11.30-24.00; Prix Fixe from £9.95 (2 courses), £13.25 (3 courses); mains about £10 to £26; Plats du Jours £15.75
- Dinner: all week 11.30-24.00; Prix Fixe from £9.95 (2 courses), £13.25 (3 courses); mains about £10 to £26
- Wine: a concise, all French, list kicks off in the low £20’s – and offers a good selection by the glass
- Wheelchair access: Restaurant in basement, phone ahead for advice
- Nearest station: Piccadilly Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned