Find this smart and ambitious restaurant in the luxurious hotel of the same name. It's under the same ownership as The London Dorchester, and has been called a country cousin.
So expect formal service, plenty of unannounced nibbles - plus firm prices, for all but teetotallers.
The kitchen offers a menu that follows the seasons, but autumn starters such as 'Seared Foie Gras with Caramelised Pears, Spiced Bread & Toasted Brioche'; 'Roast Breast of Partridge with Baised Leg, Charred Young Leeks, Salsify & Barbecue Sauce'; 'Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Black Radish & Pickled Mushrooms' and 'Seared Gurnard with Smoked Mussels, Fennel & Curried Cream' set the style.
Perhaps followed by 'Fillet of Brill with Seared Scallops, Coco Beans, Bouillabaisse & Aweet Potato Cream'; 'Loin of Salisbury Plain Roe Deer with Heritage Beetroot, Smoked Chocolate & Grand Veneur' 'Onion Tart with English Chard, Raclette & S;low-Cooked Smoked Garlic' and 'Côte de Boeuf of Cumbrian Beef with Wild Mushrooms, Roast Shallot, Anna Potato, Creamed Watercress & Red Wine Jus' amongst the list of mains.
Spendidly-presented desserts might include 'Dark Chocolate Delice with Liquid Vanilla Centre, Sugared Almonds & Malt Ice Cream' & 'Mango Parfait with Coconut Rice, Black Olive Caramel, Peanut Brittle & Vanilla Dressing'.
If wishing to eat well, but with less ostentation and a brasserie-style menu, The Barn Restaurant might be just the ticket. See their website for details.
Mention Gourmet Britain when booking, and if you have time, tell us about your experience on the 'Rating' section of their listing.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.30-14.30 (Sun 15.00); set L Mon-Sat £25 (2 courses), £30 (3 courses); set L Sun £45 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.30; set D from £40 (3 courses), Tasting Menu £85 (whole table only)
- Seats: 70
- Wine: a well-chosen list has firm mark-ups, kicking off in the high £20's
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Sunningdale Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: D Sun, all Mon
- Rooms available