Find this comfortable restaurant in this handsome country house hotel - surrounded by wooded parkland.
There has recently been a change of chef (July 2015) - so the style might change a little.
The menu changes seasonally, but an autumn snapshot listed 'Pickled Beetroot Carpaccio with Cream Cheese, Horseradish & Baby Cress'; 'Buttered Chicken Liver Parfait with Apple Purée & Toasted Brioche'; 'Twice Baked Blue Cheese Soufflé with Waldorf Salad' and 'Sautéed Scallops with Mango Mayonnaise, Mango & Red Onion Salsa' amongst the starters.
'Seared Breast of Pigeon with Creamed Leeks & Hazelnuts'; 'Corn Fed Chicken Breast with Fondant Potatoes, Pea Purée, Feves & Buttered Spinach'; 'Pan Fried Sea Bass Fillet with Herb Gnocchi with Wilted Baby Gem Lettuce and Orange & Caraway Beurre Blanc' and 'Mediterranean Vegetable Pie' listed on the main course choices.
Nicely-decorated desserts might include 'Lemon Verbena Crème Brulée with Lemon Shortbread & Lemon Candy' and 'White Chocolate & Lavender Cheesecake with Raspberry & Rose Water Roulade'.
Service is professional and friendly.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week; 12.00-14.00; mains £17 to £24; set L Sun £24.50 (2 courses), £29.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 19.00-21.30; mains £17 to £24; set D £26.50 (2 courses), £32.50 (3 courses)
- Seats: 50
- Wine: a well-chosen list has firm mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Flitwick Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available