This popular neighbourhood restaurant serves a seaonally-changing menu of carefully-sourced produce. Cooking in a modern British style, is the name of the game - many items having named provenance.
There are also interesting dishes of the day, which offer excellent value for money at the prices given below.
An autumn snapshot brought 'Loin of Hampshire Rabbit Wrapped in Streaky Bacon, with Confit Leg, Herb Potato, Mustard Purée & Red Wine Jus'; 'Brixham Crab & Pepper Millefeuille, Pepper Purée, Cucumber, Crème Fraiche & Posh Leaves' and 'Local Beetroot - puréed, pickled & confit - with Shropshire Goat Cheese, Yoghurt & Basil Oil' amongst the starters.
To be followed by the likes of 'Mya's Cabbage & Seasonal Vegetable Roll, Homemade Vegetable Crisps, Leaves & Sweet Chili Dressing'; 'Pan-Fried Gressingham Duck Breast, Duck Leg Pané, Honey Roasted Parsnips, Red Cabbage, Cranberry Chutnet & Duck Jus' and 'Hampshire Beef Fillet with Potato Cube, Winter Veg, Confit Shallots, Crispy Pancetta, Garlic Chive Purée & Green Peppercorn Sauce'.
Puds are equally seasonal - so on this menu included 'Chocolate & Beetroot Pudding' and 'Homemade Pumpkin Cake with Basil Ice Cream'.
Friendly and helpful service.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00 (Sun 16.00); Menu of the Day £12.95 (1 course), £14.95 (2 courses), £18.95 (3 courses); mains about £14 to £23
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.00-22.00 (Fri & Sat 22.30); Menu of the day; £12.95 (1 course), £14.95 (2 courses), £18.95 (3 courses); mains about £14 to £23
- Seats: 50
- Wine: a concise list kicks off in the mid £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Reading Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: D Sun, 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan.