This good foodie pub, where you can eat by the River Lambourn if the weather allows - makes a good stop off if using the M4 (J14).
Their menu combines pub-style favourites - such as ' Fish & Chips & 'Beef & Ale Pie with Mash, Glazed Carrots & Red Onion Gravy' - with more ambitious dishes such as 'Fillet of Grey Mullet with Wilted Spinach, Sautéed New Potatoes & Tomato Chili Sauce'; 'Wild Mushroom Stroganoff with Pine Nut & Saffron Rice' and 'Moules Mariniere with Pommes Frites'.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; Sun 12.00-19.00; set L £6.95 (2 courses); set L Sun £15.95 (2 courses), £18.95 (3 courses); mains about £9 to £19
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30-21.30; mains about £12 to £15
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £17 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Hungerford Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D Sun
- Outside eating