A good restaurant in a splendid setting on it's own island.
Their modern menu is a 'catch-all' - ranging from various Caesar Salads to expensive Fillet Steak Grills.
If you're seeking a full meal, starters such as 'Beetroot & Goats Cheese Tart with Tomato Fondue & Watercress'; 'Roasted Pigeon Breast with Confit Leg, Micro Watercress Salad & Ravigote Dressing' and 'Cornish Crab & Celeriac Risotto with Beurre Noisette and Parmesan Crisp' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Loin of Berkshire Venison with Red Cabbage, Parsnip Purée, Root Vegetable Boulangère & Juniper Jus'; 'Seared Cornish Wild Sea Bass, Garlic Gnocchi, Cauliflower & Wild Rocket'; 'Globe Artichoke with Ratatouille, Smoked Aubergine, Fennel Infused Onion Rings & Fennel Velouté' - plus plenty from the Grill, listed amongst the mains.
Rather grand puds might include 'Caramelised Apple Soufflé with Mini Apple Strudel & Calvados Ice Cream'; 'Warm Tart of Almond & Pear with Pistachio Anglaise & Pistachio Ice Cream' and 'Caramelised White Chocolate Pannacotta with Blackberries & Sesame Seed Tuile' - while cheese lovers have a selection of British varieties from Neal's Yard.
In good weather, you can take in the view fully on the Terrace Bar.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.30; mains about £13 to £22; Tasting Menu £35
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.30; mains about £13 to £22; High Tea £16.95; Tasting Menu £35
- Seats: 70, plus about 20 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world kicking off at around the £16 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Taplow Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: all Mon, 26th to 30th Dec.
- Outside eating