A good restaurant in a splendid setting on its own island.
Their modern menu is a 'catch-all' – ranging from Tapas & various Salads to expensive Fillet Steak Grills.
If you're seeking a full meal, Tapas are offered – so you can construct sharing plates.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Breast of Gressingham Duck with Lyonnaise Onion Tart, Orange & Pistachio'; 'Pan-Fried John Dory with Roasted Garlic Gnocchi, Samphire, Baby Gem & Sauce Vierge'; 'Pesto Risotto with Roasted Butternut Squash, Purple Srouting Broccoli & Grana Padano' – plus plenty from the Grill, listed amongst the mains.
Rather grand puds might include 'Set Lemon Curd with Coconut & White Chocolate Crémeux & Coconut Meringues'; 'Chocolate & Yoghurt Mousse with Slow-Baked Spiced Pineapple, Masala Chai Ice Cream & Spiced Tuile’ and 'Palm Sugar & Lime Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberries, Chocolate Brownie & Raspberry Ice Cream' – while cheese lovers have a selection of British varieties.
In good weather, you can take in the view fully on the Terrace Bar.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.30; mains about £13 to £24; set L £15.95 (2 courses), £19.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.30; mains about £13 to £24
- Seats: 70, plus about 20 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world with fair mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Taplow Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: all Mon, 26th to 30th Dec.
- Outside eating