This pub, overlooking the village green & cricket pitch, and formerly The Leeds Arms - is both a village local and haunt for foodie's.
Expect bare boards and tables and a beamed ceiling - the basics of many a good pub!
On the food front, real effort has been made to source local produce with beef, lamb & pork coming from Croxton Park Organic Farm, and bread (if not their own) from Dovecote Artisan Bakery - they good basic ingredients are mixed with popular - rather than gastrononic - pub favourites.
Starters such as 'Smoked Salmon Plate with Confit Lemon Baby Capers'; 'Mushroom & Blue Cheese Tart with Dressed Baby Spinach'; 'Deep-Fried Squid with Chili Mayonnaise'; 'Sweetcorn & Basil Risotto with Toasted Pine Nuts' and 'Prawn Cocktail' set the style.
'Beer-Battered Haddock with Crushed Peas, Tartare Sauce & Chips'; 'Croxton Park Sausages with Courgette Mash & Roasted Tomato Sauce'; 'Steamed Mussels with Chili Garlic Cream & Chips'; 'Roasted Vegetable Pie with Wilted Spinach & Basil Pesto'; 'Roast Gressingham Duck Breast with Artichoke Purée & Crushed Carrots' - plus Pork Chops and various Steaks from the Grill.
Puds, such as 'Chocolate & Griottine Cherry Brownie with Bitter Chocolate Sauce'; 'Vanilla & Blueberry Brûlée with Fruit Ice' ; 'Sticky Toffee & Banana Pudding, with Toffee & Rum Sauce' - plus a selection of Artisan Cheeses - complete the picture.
If you plan ahead, you could stay in one of their comfortable bedrooms.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.00; mains from about £12 to £22 plus sandwiches and interesting light snacks; set L Sun £13.95 (1 course), £17.95 (2 courses), £21.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sun 18.00-21.00; set Early Bird Menu Tues-Sat 18.00-19.00 a main & drink £9.95; mains from about £12 to £22
- Seats: 70
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, and offers plenty of choice under the £20 mark, plus a good selection by the glass
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: St Neots Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Mon for food
- Rooms available