A good brasserie/wine bar-style restaurant in a chic, family-owned, hotel - not far from St. Neots and Huntingdon.
The same menu is shared between the Bar, Lounge (with open winter fire) and Brasserie restaurant - so you can dine in any of these.
Starters such as 'Cream of Celeriac Soup with Truffle Oil & Croûtons'; 'Mixed Charcuterie Plate of Cured Meats, Grilled Courgettes, Grilled Peppers, Olives, Bread, Olive Oil & Balsamic'; 'Tempura Battered Squid with Black Onion Seeds, Rocket & Harissa Sauce' and 'Buffalo Mozzarella with Plum Tomato, Rocket Salad & Basil Vinaigrette' set the style on an autumn menu.
Mains such as 'Butternut Squash Risotto with Rocket & Parmesan Shavings'; 'Garlic King Prawns with Spinach, Saffron Rice & Green Peas & Ajilli Sauce'; 'Trio of Pork - black pudding, pork fillet & belly pork - with Ratatouille, Fine Beans & Wholegrain Mustard Jus' and 'Slow-Cooked Blade of Beef with Creamy Mash, Autumn Vegetables & Red Wine Jus' might follow.
Those with a sweet tooth might be tempted by 'Lemon Tart with Raspberry Sorbet' or 'Coffee Pannacotta with Spiced Plum Compote'. Whilst cheese lovers a short selection of top-quality cheeses on offer.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30 (Sun 15.00); set L Mon-Sat £20 (2 courses), £24 (3 courses); mains about £16 to £23 - plus lighter dishes & sandwiches in bar; set L Sun £20 (2 courses), £25 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 19.00-21.30; mains about £16 to £23
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a well-chosen list has 20 house wines, and modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Huntingdon or St. Neots Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available