Find this popular brasserie-style restaurant in the Crown Lodge Hotel, on the A1122 a few miles south of Wisbech, on the meandering banks of Welle Creek.
The menu is catch-all in style with starters ranging from 'Homemade Soup of the Day' through 'Baked Goats Cheese with Red Onion Marmalade encased in Filo Pastry Parcels, with an Orange & Redcurrant Sauce' to 'Sauté of Lamb Sweetbreads with Peas, Broad Beans, Capers & Mint on a Garlic Bruschetta'.
A lengthy list of mains includes pasta dishes, such as 'Tagliatelle Carbonara'; 'Nastro Azzurro-Battered Fish & Chips'; perhaps a Curry - plus plenty from the Grill, including various cuts of steak.
Puds, such as 'Steamed Chocolate Sponge'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' and 'Raspberry & Banana Pavlova with Rasberry Coulis' are there to tempt you, if you still have room.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; mains about £10 to £24
- Dinner: all week 18.00-22.00; mains about £10 to £24
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world kicking off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Children's menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Downham Market Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available