Find this good restaurant overlooking the sea, in what was built as a fisherman's cottage, to the north of the town. The airy dining room and sea views make this a relaxing place to eat - enhanced by candles during the evening.
The menu is upmarket bistro in style, with Italian influences. A summer menu listing 'Home-Cured Gravadlax'; 'Local Oysters'; 'Homemade Lodster Bisque'; 'Fresh Asparagus with Soft-Poached Egg & Parmesan Shavings' plus various pasta & risotto dishes (also offered in main course helpings) among the starters.
Whilst the carte lists a selection of grilled fish from the days catch, plus other mains such as 'Aubergines alla Parmiggiana'; 'Lightly-Spiced Brill with Mashed Potato & Tossed Spinach'; 'Lobster Thermidor' and 'Roast Rack of Lamb with Rosemary Sauce'.
The sweet-toothed will be tempted by the likes of 'Almond & Chocolate Tart with Pistachio Ice Cream'; 'Crème Brulée' and 'Flaned Apple Calvados' if they still have room.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; set L £15; mains from about £11
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30-22.00; set D £20; mains £11 to £29
- Seats: 55
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's helpings when possible
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: all Sun, January