Find this good & smart restaurant in one of the island's best hotels - overlooking St Aubin's Bay.
The food on offer is some of the best available on the island, and great care has gone into sourcing produce.
Whilst fish depends on the catch, an autumn snapshot brought 'Pan-Fried Fillet of Sea Bass - tartare & goujon - with Washabi Mayonnaise, Seaweed Salad, Lemongrass & Coriander & Cashew Nuts'; 'Marinated Foie Foie Gras & Smoked Creedy Carver Duck with Hacienda Chocolate, Pine Nut Butter, Pain D'Epice & Ximenez Vinegar Jelly' and 'Goats Cheese Crean & Fritters with Iberico Ham, Salad of Peach, Marcona Almonds & Sour Dough Crisp' amongst the listed starters.
With 'Roasted Loin of Venison with Braised Shin, Crispy Tongue & Haggis Bonbon'; 'Jersey Sole Meuniere with Sea Vegeatables, Baby Leeks, Sustainable Caviar & Clam Broth'; 'Roast Ribs of Beef with Sweetcorn Purée, Woodland Mushrooms & Red Wine Jus' on the list of mains to follow.
Splendid desserts - rather than puddings - might include 'Vignotte Cheesecake with Strawberry & Szechuan Pepper Sorbet with Mint Espuma & Manor Farm Yoghurt'; 'Caramelised Banana with Satay Ice Cream, Green Tea Foam, Lime Jelly & Sesame Brittle' and 'Pear Pressing & Calvados Mousse with English Toffee Ice Cream & Crumble' might be there to tempt you when you thought you were full!
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Thurs & Fri 12.00-14.00; set L £18.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-22.00; set D £49 (3 courses), Tasting Menu from £67 (5 courses)
- Wine: an impressive list, almost making bedtime reading, kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: all Sun & Mon, 25th Dec, first 2 weeks January
- Rooms available