Find this popular restaurant, named after the year racing began here, overlooking the Chester race course.
A brasserie-style menu offers the likes of 'Steamed Mussels with Cider, Grain Mustard, Parsley & Blue Cheese'; 'Seared Scallops with Pea Purée, Bacon & Mint Vinaigrette'; 'Coarse Pork & Mushroom Terrine with Pease Pudding & Walnut Dressing & a Bourne's Cheshire Cheese Beignet' and 'Carpaccio of Beetroot with Whipped Goats Cheese & Balsamic Reduction' among winter starters. 'Sous Vide Rump of Conwy Valley Lamb with Savoy Cabbage, Braised Shin, Boulangere Potatoes & Tomato Dressing'; 'Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas & Chunjy Tartare Sauce' - plus plenty from the Grill, such as various Seared Fish and Steaks.
Puds - such as 'Winter Fruit Sticky Toffee Pudding with Nutmeg Ice Cream'; 'Apple Crumble & Custard' and perhap Cheesecake are there to tempt you at the end.
A roof terrace, accessed via a spiral staircase, is a popular meeting place for drinks etc.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00, Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-17.00; set L £10 (2 courses), £13.95 (3 courses); Set L Sun £14.50 (2 courses); mains about £13 to £30
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-22.00, Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-17.00; set D £15.39 (2 courses); mains about £13 to £30
- Seats: 160, plus about 50 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list
- Children's portions: Children have their own menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not roof terrace
- Nearest station: Chester Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating