Find this smart restaurant in the impressive Nunsmere Hall Hotel - almost surrounded by a 60 acre lake.
The restaurant features brass chandeliers hanging from the moulded plaster ceiling and floor-length undercloths on tables which boast pretty, high quality tableware.
On the food front, the kitchen has built up an excellent network of local suppliers for their seasonally-changing menus.
A winter snapshot bringing 'Leek & Potato Soup with Herb Crème Fraiche'; 'Devon Clam Chowder with Crisp Pork Belly & Cheshire Air-Dried Ham'; 'Goats Cheese Soufflé with Pear & Pecan Nut Salad' and 'Roast Chicken Terrine with Potato Salad, Parmesan & Truffle Dressing' on the short list of starters.
Perhaps 'South Coast Haddock with Seared Scallop, Gnocchi, Butternut Squash & Shrimp Butter'; 'Loin of Local Venison with Red Cabbage, Roast Parsnip and Blackberry & Apple Jus'; 'Macaroni Cheese with Wild Mushrooms & Spinach, Parmesan Crisp & Cep Froth' and 'Twenty-Eight Day Aged Rib Eye Steak with Hand Cut Chips, Confit Tomato, Flat Mushroom, Fine Bean Fricasée & Béarnaise Sauce' amongst the mains.
Desserts such as 'Pineapple Ravioli'; 'Warm Pear Tart with White Chocolate Ice Cream' and 'Ministrone of Fruits with Champagne & Elderflower and Raspberry Sorbet' might be there to tempt you at the end.
Service is correct & professional.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.00; set L £18.95 (2 courses), £24.95 (3 courses); set L Sun £29.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 19.00-22.00; set D £29 (2 courses), £36.50 (3 courses)
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off in the mid £20's, and has a good choice by the glass
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Cuddington Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available