Find this good restaurant in a luxurious complex, based around a Victorian house, which lets out apartments – but which has its own restaurant, and splendid swimming pool.
The menu is short, and changes by the day, but all is based upon local seasonal produce & the days catch – so phone ahead to check.
An autumn snapshot brought 'Lamb Mulligatawny with Trewithen Yoghurt & Nann Bread'; 'Warm Smoked Trout with Golden Beetroot & Red-Wine-Poached Pear Salad with Horseradish Dressing' and 'Roseland grown Pepper, Stuffed & Chargrilled with Bulgar Wheat, Goats Cheese & Olives' amongst the starters.
Mains, such as 'Braised Cornish Venison with Caraway Dumplings & Roasted Root Vegetables'; 'Locally-Caught Monkfish with Perranwell Potatoes, Mushrooms, Parsley & Garlic'; 'Rosevine Beef Burger with Cornish Brie & Mixed Leaves' and 'Nanteague Farm Sirloin Steak with Homemade Ketchup & Pocket Salad' might follow.
Perhaps finish with the likes of 'Sticky Date Pudding with Whisky Toffee Sauce & Apple Sorbet'; 'Milk Chocolate Ganache Pot with Almond Shortbread' or their selection of Cornish artisan Cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-21.00 (Sun 12.00-14.00, between Nov & May); mains about £16 to £23
- Dinner: all week 12.00-21.00 (Sun 12.00-14.00, between Nov & May); mains about £16 to £23
- Seats: 35, about 18 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Truro Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: January
- Outside eating
- Rooms available