Find this good neighbourhood restaurant in a relocated Norwegian log cabin near the shore (but out of site) of Lake Windermere.
The menu on offer changes seasonally, and local produce is well to the fore.
A Spring snapshot brought 'Steamed Mussels in Tomato & Chermoula Spiced Broth & Toasted Ciabatta'; 'Goats Cheese Pithivier with Roasted Pepper, Olive & Red Onion Salad & Walnut Vinaigrette'; 'Confit of Gressingham Duck Leg with Asparagus, Rocket, Aioli, Toasted Hazelnuts & Truffle Oil' and 'Pan-Fried Tiger Prawns with Parma Ham, Croûtons, Rocket & Gazpacho Dressing' amongst the starters.
'Cumbrian Char-Grilled Beef Fillet with Wild Mushroom & Blue Cheese Gratin, Confit Red Onion, Potato Galette, Asparagus & Port Jus'; 'Slow-Cooked Herdwick Lamb Shank with Crème Fraiche Mash, Green Beans, Mint Sauce & Lamb Jus'; 'Seabass & Chips'; 'Braised Gloucester Pork Belly with Champ Potatoes with Green Beans, Chili Jam & Jus' and 'Wild Mushroom Baklava with Asparagus & Blue Cheese Dressing' might follow.
Puds such as 'Baked Belgian Chocolate Mousse with Caramelised Pear & Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Pannacotta with Strawberries, Passion Fruit Caramel & Hazelnut Praline' maintain the high standard.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week, mains about £10 to £15 - plus Sandwiches
- Dinner: all week 17.00-21.30; mains about £12 to £23; Early Bird Menu Mon-Fri 17.00-18.30 £14.95 (2 courses), £19.95 (3 courses)
- Seats: 40
- Wine: a well chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: steep steps at main entrance (phone to enquire)
- Nearest station: Wimbledon Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Pay & Display car park opposite
- Closed: L all week, a few weeks Jan & Feb