Find this good restaurant beautifully-set in this comfortable country house hotel, partly dating back to the 16th century.
The restaurant itself is in an oak-panelled dining room, with a splendid Georgian ornate ceiling.
On the food front, a short menu of seasonal - largely local - produce is offered. An early summer snapshot of which offered 'Cream of Summer Vegetable Soup with Croûtons'; 'Warm Salad of Black Pudding with Chorizo Sausage, Soft-Boiled Egg & Balsamic Dressing'; Aynsome's Smoked Haddock & Salmon Fishcake with Dill Cucumber Linguine, Toasted Coconut & Lemon Beurre Blanc' and 'Timbale of Melon & Paw Paw in Minted Champagne Jelly with Mulberry Coulis & Candy Floss' amongst the starters.
'Carnaroli Risotto with Fresh Asparagus & Mushroom, Topped with Rocket Leaves'; 'Pan-Fried Tenderloin of Beef with Sweet Potato Ragout & Bordelaise Sauce'; 'Cinnamon Roast Norfolk Duck Breast with Apricot Fritters & Pink Grapefruit Reduction' and 'Seared Fillets of Red Snapper Cooked En-Papilotte with Thai Fragrant Prawns, Citrus & Vanilla Beurre Blanc' listed on the mains.
Desserts are served from a trolley.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Sun set L £18.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: set D £23.50 (2 courses), £29.50 (3 courses), £34 (4 courses), £38 (5 courses)
- Seats: 28
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Cark & Cartmel Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L Mon-Sat, D Sun (except for residents),25th & 26th Dec, 2nd-28th Jan
- Rooms available