Find this good restaurant, particularly-popular with theatre goers, bang in the centre of town
The kitchen offers modern, well-cooked, dishes at a reasonable price.
Depending on the time of year, these might include 'Pan-Fried Scallops with Chorizo & Sweet Potato Purée'; 'Spiced Lentil Paté with Cucumber & Mint Raita'; 'Chicken Liver Parfait with Beetroot & Ginger Chutney'; 'Fruit Kebab with Raspberry Sauce & Pomegranate Granita' and 'Confit of Duck Leg with Ginger Champ & Orange Jus' amongst the starters.
Perhaps 'Free-Range Chicken Breast with Lemony Bombay Potatoes & Curry Cream'; 'Slow-Roast Pork Belly with Black Mash, Apple Sauce, Crackling & Gravy'; 'Braised Daube of Beef with Mash & Roast Vegetable Gravy'; 'Steamed Sea Bass Fillet with Asparagus & Fennel Salad'; 'Trout Fillet with Roasted Tomatoes, Capers, Lemons & Rosemary' and 'Goats Cheese & Ratatouille Tartlet' listed on the mains.
If you have a sweet tooth, you might be tempted by 'Plum & Almond Tart with Plum Purée'; or 'Chocolate Brownie with White Chocolate Sauce' or 'Sticky Ginger Pudding with Custard Ice Cream' to finish.
Service is friendly and efficient.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: L Sun £15.50 (2 courses), £18.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sun from 17.30; set D £21.95 (3 courses); mains about £14 to £19
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Keswick Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L Mon-Sat, all Mon
- Rooms available