Find this good restaurant in the comfortable Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club. The smart dining room, with its rough slate walls, overlooks this lively stretch of the river.
The kitchen offers an interesting modern menu with the likes of 'Pressed Terrine of Duck Confit with Toulose Sausage & Belly Pork with Trompette Mushrooms & White Bean Vinaigrette'; 'Salad of Garstang Blue with Roast Apricots, Pine Nuts & Wild Rocket'; 'Warm Salad of Red Mullet & Nicoise Vegetables with Black Olive Tapenade & Sardine Vinaigrette' and 'Minestrone with Basil Pesto & Parmesan' listed on the starters.
Perhaps 'Corn-Fed Chicken with Fennel, Gnocchi, Steamed Leeks & Tarragon-Infused Chicken Velouté'; 'Crisp-Skinned Sea Bass with Pea Risotto with White Asparagus, Wabberthwaite Ham & Watercress Sauce'; 'Fillet of Cumbrian Beef with Wild Mushrooms with Young Vegetables, Madeira & Summer Truffle Sauce' and 'Potato Dumplings with Goats Cheese with Spinach & Black Pepper Sauce, Green Salad & Fresh Parmesan' on a summer mains snapshot.
Puds aren't forgotten, with perhaps 'Orange & Rosemary Pudding with Caramelised Oranges & Vanilla Custard' and 'Chocolate Parfait with Walnut Ice Cream & Candied Fruits' there to tempt you.
At lunchtime, and for general informal dining, the less formal Dolly Bar offers an all-day light menu.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Sun 12.00-14.00, set L £17.95 (3 courses); mains about £11 to £22 in Lounge Bar
- Dinner: all week 19.00-21.00, Sun 12.30-14.00; mains about £11 to £22
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Cark & Cartmel Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available