Find this good restaurant in this very-comfortable and beautifully-located modern hotel - hanily placed for junction 40 of the M6.
You can graze on a sharing plate - offered in 'Fishmonger'; 'Greengrocers' and 'Antopast' varieties - have a Salad or Light Pasta dish, or indulge in a full three course meal.
Starters such as 'Heritage Beetroot & Goats Cheese Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts & Pomegranate'; 'Tempura Tiger Prawns with Chili Dipping Sauce' and 'Crispy Asian Duck with Watercress, Cucumber & Coriander Salad' set the style.
With perhaps 'Wainwright Ale Battered Haddock & Chips with Mushy Peas'; 'Pan-Roasted Scallops with Black Pudding, Pomme Purée & Red Wine Sauce'; 'Confit of Duck Shepherds Pie with Slow-Braised Red Cabbage' and 'Slow-Cooked Cumbrian Pork Belly & Black Pudding with Champ Mash, Apple Chutney & Cider Sauce' to follow.
Their are also interested 'Sides' - such as 'Parsnip Fritters' and 'Honey Roast Root Vegetables' - so you can build your own meal.
Puds - such as 'Sticky Toffee' and 'Valhrona Chocolate Mousse' might be there to tempt you at the end.
An informal, all day, menu ranging from Sandwiches to Pasta & Grills is offered in The Bar.
The service has had excellent reports.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.15-13.45
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-21.30, Sun 7.00-20.30; Early Bird Menu Mon-Thurs 17.30-18.30 £12.95 (2 courses), £15.95 (3 courses); mains about £13 to £27
- Seats: 112
- Wine: an impressive list kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Penrith Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available