This excellent hotel restaurant is figure-headed by the eponymous Alyn Williams - whose first venture this is, having spent many years working with Gordon Ramsay and at Marcus Wareing's restaurant at The Berkeley.
Expect sumptuous surroundings and well-spaced tables, making this the ideal place for an important business meeting or special private occasion.
Cooking standards are high, with winter starters such as 'Grilled Rabbit with Parsnip, Perigord Truffle, Honey & Vacherin'; 'Tandoori Orkneys Scallops with Chickpeas, Yoghurt, Aubergine & Cucumber'; 'Griddled Cuttlefish with Inky Croûtons, Soft Polenta, Crab, Mint & Caraway' and 'Foie Gras with Liquorice & Salted Hazelnut Caramel' setting the style.
Mains, such as 'Grilled Plaice with Squid Ink, Ricotta, Cuttlefish and Puntarella Salad'; 'Blanquette of Cumbrian Lamb, White Truffle & Wild Garlic'; 'Cornish Brill with Kohl Rabi, Braised Celery & Winter Vegetable Stock' and 'Salisbury Venison with Roasted Chestnuts, Sprouts, Swede & Cottage Pie' might follow.
Vegetarians have their own menu.
Delicious desserts look almost too good to eat, with perhaps 'Banana Baba with Rum Cream & Caramelised Banana Ice Cream' and 'Chocolate Cake with Marsala, Mascarpone & Passion Fruit' there to tempt you.
Service is both friendly and formal.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30; set L from £30 (3 courses), set L Sat £40
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.30; set D Mon-Thurs £65 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £90 (7 courses)
- Seats: 45
- Wine: an impressive list travels the world, kicking off in the mid £30's, but prices rise steeply after that
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes - but enquire first
- Closed: all Sun, 25th & 26th Dec.
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available