One of the few Ethiopian restaurants we've found in the British Isles
Although starters aren't a tradition in Ethiopia, they've put together a selection of miniturised dishes that fit the bill well - these include 'Samak Sire' (sardines delicately-flavoured & stuffed with fresh herbs & spices); 'Selata Aswad' (deep-fried aubergine salad, with a tahini & yoghurt butter) and 'Addis Potatoes' (boiled baby potatoes sautéed with fresh herbs & spices).
Main courses such as 'Kitfo' (lean minced beef prepared with special Ethiopian butter - offered rare/medium or well-done); 'Lega Tibs' (cubes of lean lamb with fried onions & spices); 'Doro Wot' (chicken cooked with hot pepper & spice sauce); 'Deep-Fried Tilapia, seasoned with North African spices' and 'Yetesom Beyaynetu' (cabbage, potato, carrots & chickpeas with a spicy sauce) set the style.
All their dishes are served with 'Injera' (a soft pancake-type bread).
- Food Style: Ethiopian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-24.00, Sat & Sun 13.00-24.00; mains from about £9
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 12.00-24.00, Sat & Sun 13.00-24.00; mains from about £9
- Wine: drink Ethiopian beers
- Nearest station: Kings Cross Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page