Find this good Parisian-style brasserie in the luxurious & Grade 11 listed Sofitel St James Hotel, midway between Piccadilly and Trafalgar Square. Prices are firm, but their standards high - however, set menu's offer excellent value!
Starters such as 'Normandy Onion Soup with Roskoff Onion & Aspall English Cyder'; 'Twice Baked Cheese Soufflé with Chestnut Purée, Roasted Chestnuts & Endive Salad'; 'Foie Gras Terrine with Chutney & Brioche'; 'Welsh Rabbit with Mixed Baby Leaf Salad' plus specialist charcuterie from Trealy Farm in Monmouthshire & Mas Le Rouget in Cantal, France - set the style.
Salads- such as 'Seared Yellowfin Tuna Niçoise with Black Olive Dressing'; Pasta dishes - such as 'Orecchiette with Pumpkin & Parmesan Cream, with Roasted Butternut Squash, Rocket & Pine Nuts' and Slow-Cooked Cocottes, such as 'Beer-Braised Ox Cheeks with Chantenay Carrots with Mustard Seed Mashed Potatoes' plus Burgers, Omelettes, Fish & Steaks from the Grill.
Puds, such as 'Dark Chocolate Tart with Pistachio Custard' and 'Rice Pudding scented with Raisin & Rhubarb Compote - plus a selection of British & French Cheeses completes the picture.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.00-23.00; set L Tray Rapide (1 small pate + dessert) £20 (2 course); mains about £16 to £40
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 11.00-23.00; set L £15 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses); mains about £16 to £40
- Wine: wine prices by the bottle are firm, kicking off in the high £20's, but offer an excellent selection by the glass & smaller carafe
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Piccadilly Circus or Charing Cross Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Rooms available