A long-standing Victoria stalwart - having started in 1950.
However, the menu on offer has evolved, and bang up to date.
You might find the likes of 'Rabbit - head to toe - roasted saddle, slow cooked shoulder & confit legs' and 'Tandoori-Spiced Bass with Potato Gnocchi,Yoghurt & Marinated Cucumber' and 'Gloucester Old Spot Sausages with Mash' set the style for mains on a menu that never stands still.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00; set L £19.50 (2 courses), £23.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.00-22.30; set D £19.50 (2 courses), £23.50 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £38
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yed
- Nearest station: Victoria Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun, most Bank Holidays