Although originally born in Austria, top-chef Wolfgang Puck rose to fame in the USA, where he's a big culinary star. This is his first London venture, and although recommended here for the undoubted quality the restaurant offers, we have to point out that you need VERY deep pockets to spend your hard earned money here.
Steaks - including the Wagyu variety - are the name of the game; although there are a few seafood listings.
Starters, such as 'Butter Lettuce Salad with Avocado, Shropshire Blue Cheese & Champagne-Herb Vinaigrette'; 'Big Eye Tuna Tartare with Wasabi Aioli, Ginger, Togarashi Crisps & Tosa Soy'; 'Dorset Crab & Lobster Cocktail with Spicy Tomato Horseradish' and 'Austrian Oxtail Bouillon with Chervil & Bone Marrow Dumplings' set the style.
Mains range from 'Grilled Vegetable Panini, Rosemary Focaccia, Eggplant, Zucchini, Portobello Mushroom, Goats Cheese & Basil Aioli' through an extensive list of Steaks to 'Sautéed Dover Sole Meunière with Preserved Lemon & Parsley'.
A few equally expensive desserts are typified by 'Fuji Apple & Blackberry Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Bruléed Banana Cream Pie with Chocolate Sauce & Banana Foster Ice Cream'.
Service is professional and impressive.
- Food Style: American
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.15 (Sat Brunch 12.00-15.15, Sun 11.00-15.15); set L £39 (2 courses), £45 (3 courses), mains £26 to £52
- Dinner: all week 18.00-10.30; mains £29 to £150
- Seats: 70
- Wine: an impressive USA-centred list needs very deep pockets if you stay away from the basics these start in the high £30's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Hyde Park Corner Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, please enquire
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available