Find this award-winning restaurant just off Goodge Street. Expect designer utilitarian, with bare concrete, exposed pipes and 'unfinished' light fittings.
On the food front, much thought has been applied, and the standard of the modern-style dishes is both different and high.
Starters such as 'Coddled Free-Range Hen Egg with Woodland Mushrooms & Smoked Butter'; 'Jerusalam Artichokes with Rapeseed Oil Mayonnaise & Black Truffle'; 'Speckled Endive with Gingerbread, Bergamot & Mint' and 'Chilled Shrimp Broth with Candy Stripe Beetroot & Perilla' set the style of a winter menu.
Perhaps followed by 'Barbecued Pigeon with Quince & Caraway'; 'Braised Cuttlefish with Swede, Chickpeas & Golden Raisins'; 'Braised Halibut with Costal Herbs' and 'Rare Grain-Fed Beef, Avruga and Warm Horseradish Buttermilk' listed on the short list of mains.
Maybe finish with 'Ripe Pear with Chervil'; 'Fresh Milk Curds with Birch Sap, winter Fruit & Vegetables' or their selection of British Artisan Cheeses, with Baked Apple & Toasted Sourdough.
Booking absolutely necessary!
In the basement, Oskar's Bar - an excellent meeting place - operates, offering cocktails both traditional and innovative.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-14.30; set L £36 (4 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.00-22.00; set D £64; Tasting Menu £79 (7 courses -whole table only)
- Seats: 38
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list kicks off at around the mid £20's mark, and has a good selection by the glass
- Nearest station: Goodge Street Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sun Mon, 2 weeks Aug, 2 weeks Christmas