An all-day hotel restaurant offering a mix of well-cooked comfort food - plus some more ambitious dishes - in civilised surroundings; and an impressive collection of black & white photographs.
Starters might range from 'Lancashire Cheese & Onion Tart' and 'Cauliflower & Keen's Cheddar Soup' to 'Twice Baked Smoked Haddock Soufflé and 'Pressed Pork & Rabbit with Prunes'.
Mains - modern Salads, such as 'Heritage Beetroot with Goats Cheese & Walnut'; 'Fish Pie' and 'Mince & Potatoes' for the traditionalist - perhaps 'Slow-Cooked Duck Leg with Apples & Cider' and 'Sea Trout with Fennel, Cockles & Monks Beard' for the more adventurous'
A few puds might include 'Trinity Burnt Cream'; 'Bread & Butter Pudding' and 'Blood Orange Steamed Sponge with Custard'.
Breakfast is offered in the morning, Tea & Cakes in the afternoon.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-23.30 (plus Breakfast); set Early D £19.50 (2 courses), £22.50 (3 courses); mains about £15 to £37; set L Sun £27 (2 courses, £30 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 12.00-23.30; set Early D £19.50 (2 courses), £22.50 (3 courses); mains £15 to £37
- Seats: 115, plus about 20 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, kicking off in the mid £20's, and offers a good selection by the glass
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Tottenham Court Road
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Outside eating