A restaurant specialising in top-quality Japanese sushi - but also trying to lure in the tapas market as well, so have created an interesting fusion style. By and large, this works very successfully.
Expect a ground floor sushi bar and small basement for more serious dining - including 'proper' main course-size dishes.
Offerings stretch from nibbles, designed to go with drinks - such as 'Lotus Root Chips with Wasabi Salt' and 'Edamane with Sea Salt' through a full selection of traditional Sushi & Sashimi to starter-sized temptations - such as ''Scottish Scallops with Creamy Jalpeno'; 'Fatty Tuna Toro Sashimi Topped with Foie Gras Mousse'; 'Poached Iberian Pork Shabu-Shabu with Spicy Chojang Sauce'; 'Mixed Beetroot Salad with Kabocha Pumpkin Purée' and 'Wagyu Beef with Spicy Misu'.
More substantial dishes might include 'Grilled Chili Garlic Black Cod'; '½ Grilled Scottish Lobster with Avocado & Spicy Sauce'; 'Wagyu Beef & Foie Gras Sukiyaki with Sweet Port Soy'; 'Home-Made Venison Sausages with Mustard Miso & Crushed Potatoes'; 'Char-Grilled Salt Marsh Lamb & Seasonal Vegetables with Mint Miso'.
Their puds have a strong following - especially their 'Truffle Ice Cream' and Tea-Flavoured desserts.
Prices can build up quickly, so take care.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-16.00; Tapas about £7 to £29; Sushi & Sashimi about £4 to £9
- Dinner: all week 18.00-22.30 (Fri & Sat 23.00, Sun 22.00); Tapas about £7 to £29, Sushi & Sashimi about £4 to £9
- Seats: 28
- Wine: a concise list kicks off in the mid £30's, or drink sake
- Nearest station: Marylebone Rail & Underground or Edgware Road Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th Dec to early Jan.