Part of a small chain of upmarket steakhouses, offering carefully sourcing their beef from traditional British breeds - much of it from top-class producers. This branch can be found in an Art Deco room overlooking Regent Steak.
To get your tastebuds going, there are various starters ranging from 'Grilled Bone Marrow with Slow-Cooked Shallots on Toast' for the steak minded - through ''Half a Dozen Oysters' or Half a Lobster with Garlic & Hazelnut Butter' to 'Salt-Baked Beetroot with Childwickbury Goats Cheese' or 'Pickled Girolles with Lentils & Watercress Salad'.
As well as a splendid selection of steak cuts - mains also list items such as 'Grilled Fish' (changing with the markets); 'Grilled Free-Range Chicken'; 'Grilled Bacon Chop with Two Fried Eggs'; 'Roast Turbot with Béarnaise Sauce' and 'Pearl Barley with Autumn Vegetables & Childwickbury'.
Lunchtime brings the addition of a Burger with Triple-Cooked Chips & Salad.
They also have a popular Bar area - their cocktails having a considerable reputation.
- Food Style: British Traditional
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00, Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30 - Roast £19.50 mains about £17 to £36; set L £24 (2 courses), £27 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 17.00-18.30, Fri 17.00-23.00, Sat 12.00-18.30.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains about £17 to £36; set D £24 (2 courses), £27 (3 courses)
- Seats: 235
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off at about £20's
- Nearest station: Piccadilly Cicus Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: check Christmas openings