A London 'sister' restaurant to Simon Rogan's award-winning Cumbrian L'Enclume - here Andy Tomlinson manages the stoves. However, many of the same ingredients & techniques are shared by both restaurants. It's actually a pop-up at this stage, and unless plans change, due to close in June 2013.
Various menu's, of different lengths, are offered, but a snapshot of their offerings would list 'Artichoke Dumplings with Truffle, Ragstone & Perilla'; 'Leek Custard with Dill Broth, Salsify & Mustard'; 'Hay-Smoked Eel & Pork Belly Croquette' and 'Seawater-Cured Mackerel with Orache, Broccoli & Warm Elderflower Honey'
Mid/main courses such as 'Guinea Hen with Parsley Root, Salt-Baked Turnip, Offal & Yarrow'; 'Brill with Chervil Roots with Clams & Wood Blewits'; 'Herwick Hogget with Pickled Tongues, Carrots & Alexanders'; 'Sea Scallop with Seaweed, Watercress & Diced Apple' and 'Rose Veal Cooked in Buttermilk with Cobnuts, Savoy Cabbage & Mead Sauce' set the winter style.
Puds are equally interesting, and again seasonal, with perhaps 'Pears with Chestnuts & Crispy Cake' being a winter and 'Macerated Strawberries with Buttermilk, Sweet Cicely & Yoghurt' a summer listing.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-14.00, set L £29 (3 courses), £55 (6 courses), £80 (10 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.00, set D £29 (3 courses), £55 (6 courses), £80 (10 courses)
- Seats: 28
- Wine: a well-chosen list, with its roots in France, kicks off at about £28
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Bond Street Underground or Marylebone Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: all Sun & Mon, a few days at Christmas & Easter