An excellent restaurant offering well-cooked imaginative food at a very reasonable price - no wonder it's busy. But unfortunately they don't take bookings in the evening - so either go early, or expect to wait.
A daily-changing menu is hard to pin down, but an early Spring snapshot brought 'Farro & Celeriac Soup'; 'Pig's Head Terrine with Apple'; 'Potted Brown Shrimps with Blood Orange, Chili & Fennel'; 'Chicory, Pecorino, Honey & Hazelnuts' and 'Polenta with Wild Mushrooms, Burrata & Truffle' (also offered as a main course) amongst the starters.
Mains, such as 'Lamb Rump with Sweet Potato, Sprouting Broccoli & Anchovy'; 'Shallot Tart with Gorgonzola, Pear, Walnuts & Rocket'; 'Veal Belly with Jerusalem Artichokes & Wild Garlic' and 'Pollock with Swiss Chard, Raisins, Capers & Pine Nuts' set the style.
A few puds might include 'Chocolate Terrine with Amaretto Ice Cream & Pomegranate' and 'Pear & Apple Pie with Crème Anglaise'.
Tapas-style 'Small Plates' such as 'Charcuterie'; 'Pork Belly' & 'Fried Baby Squid' are available throughout the day.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30 ('small plates' offered all afternoon); mains about £16 to £24
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-22.45; mains about £16 to £24
- Seats: 30
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list travels the world kicking off at around the £20 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Tottenham Court Road Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sun
- Outside eating