You'll also find the Wright Brothers listed on the GB pages of Cornwall - namely at The Duchy Oyster Farm & The Ferryboat Inn, Helford Passage. Here, and at their Oyster & Porter House near Borough Market, you'll also find the fruits of their labour in the capital.
Expect communal seating with bare tables - plus an open plan kitchen.
On the food front, expect the likes of 'Shell-On Atlantic Prawns'; 'Whitebait & Tartare Sauce'; 'Fish Soup with Rouille & Gruyere'; 'Moules Marinière' ; 'Hederman's Smoked Salmon with Soda Bread' - plus a selection of various ways with Oysters and other seasonal shellfish amongst the starters.
For mains, you could 'construct' your own plate of Fruits de Mers; or chose from perhaps 'Chargrilled Mackerel Niçoise Salad'; 'Whole Plaice with Sage & Pancetta'; 'Fish Fingers with Tartare Sauce'; 'Roast Ray Wing with Scottish Girolle & Peas' and '½ Native Lobster with Garlic Butter & New Potatoes' on the listed mains. There are also a few meat items such as 'Braised Dingley Dell Pork Belly with Clams & Salsa Verde' and Steaks - plus a Veggie option if you're a non-fish eater.
Those with a sweet tooth might be tempted by the likes of 'Caramel Cream with Biscotti'; 'Chocolate Pot & Hazelnut Praline' or seasonal 'Eton Mess'. Whilst cheese lovers have a selection from Neal's Yard (q.v.).
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00 (Sat 15.30, Sun 16.00); set L from £13.50; mains about £12 to £28
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-22.45; mains about £12 to £28
- Seats: 86, plus about 24 outside
- Wine: a good, mainly French, list kicks off in the low £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D Sun, 24th to 28th Dec, 1st & 2nd Jan, Bank Holidays
- Outside eating