You'll also find the Wright Brothers listed on the GB pages of Cornwall - namely at The Duchy Oyster Farm & The Ferryboat Inn, Helford Passage. Here, and at their Soho Oyster House, you'll also find the fruits of their labour in the capital.
Expect communal seating with bare tables, or on a stool at the bar - plus an open plan kitchen.
On the food front, expect the likes of 'Shell-On Atlantic Prawns'; 'Whitebait & Tartare Sauce'; 'Fish Soup with Rouille & Gruyere'; 'Moules Marinière' ; 'Hederman's Smoked Salmon with Soda Bread' - plus a selection of various ways with Oysters and other seasonal shellfish amongst the starters.
For mains, you could 'construct' your own plate of Fruits de Mers; or chose from perhaps 'Beef Guinness & Oster Pie' and 'Salmon & Smoked Haddock Fish Pie'; 'Cornish Dressed Crab'.
Those with a sweet tooth might be tempted by the likes of 'Caramel Cream with Biscotti'; 'Chocolate Pot & Hazelnut Praline' or seasonal 'Eton Mess'. Whilst cheese lovers have a selection from Neal's Yard (q.v.).
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 11.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-21.00; mains about £15 to £23
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 11.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-21.00; mains about £15 to £23
- Seats: 54, plus about 8 outside
- Wine: a concise list, with its roots in France, kicks off at about £20 plus a good selection of porter & beers
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: London Bridge Rail & Underground or Borough Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: a few days at Christmas; most Bank Holidays
- Outside eating